Sunday, January 27, 2013

Model Stitch

I finally got my model stitch kit from Gecko Rouge!  Say hello to Hope by Simona Candini.  How cute is she?  I love all of Simona's art it's all so cute!  I couldn't wait to get started on this piece (it has a deadline anyway so that gave me even more drive)


Let me show you why I love the Gecko Rouge kits so much.

This is how the thread comes all pre sorted with the color's number written on the tags.  This saves so much time and while it's convenient you can still set it up your own way.  


This piece has a fairly large amount of black!


The kit also comes with these sweet pre punched cards to sort your thread onto.  I draw the symbol (as best I can) and put the number for each color near the hole for the thread.

This is one page of the pattern.  It seems like a lot but they make it large so you can see very clearly what each symbol is.  This chart has 16 pages and 53,000 stitches. Daunting right?!  


This is how far I've gotten so far only one row done.  My eyes are still a little blurry but they're getting a tiny bit better every day (at least in my head I think they are) so I'm definitely moving slow on this one but hopefully I can get going a little bit quicker.  This row is the beginning of the top of the anchor and part of her necklace.  Cross stitches take a while for the picture to actually become visible but when they do it's so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment