Saturday, December 22, 2012

Firsts

Look what I found at my parents house today!  One of the first ever cross stitches I ever made.  This was probably around the time I was 14 or 15.  I'm betting it took me a long time to do and it doesn't even look like I did it quite right.  



Other news, I'm going to do a model stitch for Gecko Rouge and I'm pretty stoked.  I can't wait to get it in the mail.  Basically this means I will stitch it up and send it back to them, they will frame it and put it in an exhibition!  I think that's pretty neat-o!  The piece I will be doing is a Simona Candini work called Hope and it's one I have loved since I first saw it, it will be very difficult to give it back when it's finished!  



Isn't she adorable?!  I seriously can't wait to get this and get it started!!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the ranks of Gecko Rouge model stitchers, you've chosen a lovely chart and I can't wait to see your progress on her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had Kimberly just choose one for me as there are far too many great charts to choose from. I am eagerly awaiting the day the mailman brings it to my door!! Meanwhile, I'm trying to get as much done on my other WIP as i can before it arrives!

      Delete